COVID-19 : BC Phase 2 Operation
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently operating with elevated measures to reduce the spread of respiratory contagions (such as SARS-CoV-2). We recognize that this may cause some inconvenience, but ask for patience as we try to ensure that all our patients feel safe and enjoy their visit to our clinic.
Before Your Visit
- We will be screening patients for exposure risk and symptoms of COVID-19, and asking suspected or confirmed cases to defer care until they have discontinued self-isolation as per the criteria outlined by the BC CDC.
- We are offering telehealth services for patients suspected or confirmed postive for COVID-19.
- In order to reduce the number of people in the clinic, we are asking patients to fill out electronic intake forms (sent with a confirmation email) prior to arriving for your appointment.
During Your Visit
- We are asking everyone to check in at the reception desk when they arrive.
- We are asking everyone to wash your hands when you arrive and to observe respiratory etiquette while you are in the clinic.
- We are asking everyone to give each other a little “breathing” room (preferably 2m).
- We are asking that companions (family, friends) wait in the car, or run an errand during your exam, unless you require their assistance during the exam.
- You will probably see (or smell) doctors and staff disinfecting equipment (before you touch it), frames and surfaces (after you have touched them).
- The doctors and staff may wear a mask, face shield or gloves in certain circumstances.
- We may ask you to wear a mask in certain circumstances. Wearing a mask can be highly effective in preventing the spread of coronaviruses.
- Our washroom is available, but we ask that you use your own beforehand, if possible.
If you have any concerns or questions about any of these measures, please let us know.