We are looking for an experienced optical dispenser to join our team. We are a locally-owned private optometry clinic that has been serving the downtown community for more than 30 years.
Our ideal candidate is confident, caring and professional in their interactions with patients, staff and doctors. We are looking for someone who enjoys helping people, is detail-oriented, efficient and organized and has excellent communication skills. They will need to multi-task in a busy team environment.
This can be a part-time or full-time permanent position. Clinic hours are generally Monday – Friday, 8 am – 6 pm.
Please submit a resume and introductory email to careers [at] victoriavisioneyecare [dot] ca.
Principals only; no recruiters please.
- More than 1 year of current experience and expertise in dispensing single vision and multi-focal eyeglasses.
- Proficiency with tools and methods for eyeglass adjustment and repair.
- Registered Optician or Certified Optometric Assistant a plus.
- Experience in consultative (needs based) sales, with a proven record of success.
- General proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for mathematics
- Assess patients eye wear needs.
- Educate patients about types of lenses and lens enhancements.
- Recommend frame and lens selections based on appearance, lifestyle and prescription requirements.
- Properly fit new glasses and inform patients of potential adjustment and adaptation periods.
- Adjust and repair frames as needed by patients.
- Assist with marketing and promotions.
- Participate in frame selection and visual merchandising.
- Assist doctors with pre-exam testing, data entry and patient file maintenance.
- Welcome patients, answer questions and generally make them comfortable in our clinic.
- Answer telephones, book and confirm appointments